Elmira K. Beyer Endowed Scholarship fund, allows up to $11,000 scholarships for completing at least one year of university study (AP and similar courses taken in high school do not count).
This award is intended for women who have begun but not completed their university education.
• The award will be made to a Jefferson County woman for tuition up to $11,000 at any accredited four-year college/university or graduate school, and will be disbursed directly to the school each quarter or semester.
• Payment of the award will be made to the woman's college after enrollment. If the woman does not enroll by the second term of the school year, the scholarship will be void.
• The woman must have been a resident of East Jefferson County for the previous two(2) years, and have completed at least one year of prior undergraduate study. "Running Start" and similar courses taken prior to high school graduation or G.E.D. will not count for this
• Award of the scholarship will be based on:
• Academic performance
• Financial need, Educational and professional goals