o provide educational awards for deserving young African-American women.
- Be an African-American female
- Be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted into a two- or four-year college or university, OR a past Dr. Gussie M. Ware Memorial Scholarship recipient who is currently enrolled in college;
- Have a current GPA of at least 2.5/4.0; and
- Have a permanent address in Winnebago County OR is a relative of Dr. Gussie M. Ware.
Graduate students are not eligible.
To provide educational resources to students who are pursuing a career in education.
- Have a permanent residence in Boone, Ogle, Stephenson, or Winnebago County;
- Intend to teach elementary or secondary school; and
- Be of at least sophomore standing at a post-secondary institution;
Past recipients may re-apply. Graduate students are eligible.
To provide educational resources for graduating seniors within Boone, Stephenson, and Winnebago County who have a commitment to ending teen dating violence and/or domestic abuse.
- Be a graduating senior from a high school located within Boone, Stephenson, or Winnebago County;
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0;
- Reflect Amanda’s compassionate and caring nature;
- Have played a leadership role in implementing a project to address teen dating violence or domestic abuse within their school or the wider community; and
- Describe the project that they implemented in the essay portion of the scholarship application.
To provide educational resources to a graduating Rockford Christian High School senior to further their education.
- Be a graduating senior from Rockford Christian High School;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to improving the quality of life for people in their school, community, and/or world at large through their community service;
- Demonstrate the same joyful spirit, kind and compassionate love for others that Anna exemplified through her life; and
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0/4.0.
To provide educational resources to female graduating seniors who are planning to enter the teaching profession.
- Be a female graduating senior from Boone or Winnebago County; and
- Plan to enter the teaching profession.
To provide college scholarships to graduates of Rock Valley College and Sycamore High School who plan to pursue a degree in education.
To provide educational resources to students with physical disabilities within Boone and Winnebago Counties.
- Be a graduating senior from a public high school within Boone or Winnebago County;
- Have a physical disability and be eligible for special education services as defined by the Individuals with Disabilities Improvement Act and verified by public school system in one of the following eligibility areas: deaf-blindness; deafness; hearing impairment; orthopedic impairment and or visual impairment; and
- Attend a four-year college or university, community college, junior college or vocational school.
Financial need will be considered.