The Henry & Joyce W. Sumid Scholarship
THE HENRY & JOYCE W. SUMID SCHOLARSHIP is available to high school seniors, under graduate college students and graduate students interested in studying theatre arts and whose legal residence is within these states ONLY: ALASKA, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, IDAHO, MONTANA, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, UTAH, and WASHINGTON.
- Amount: $5,000.00
- Awards: 0
- Deadline: Nov 30, -1
You must be able to demonstrate financial neediness to be eligible for a Sumid Scholarship.
1. Please submit a statement of financial need. Include specific information regarding:
* information on your anticipated income
* information on your savings or other assets that could be used towards tuition and other education costs
* monies that parents, guardians or others will provide for your education/further training
* the estimated costs of your education and/or normal living expenses
* any other pertinent information on your financial condition
Please submit a SAR (Student Aid Report) w/EFC (Expected Family
Contribution)from the FAFSA, if available. If not available, please
provide an explanation.
Social Security Numbers included on ANY documents must be blacked out.
If SSN's are visible, the application will be rejected.
3. Please submit an essay of 500 words or less on why you think you deserve this scholarship.
4. Please submit a copy of your school/college transcript. You must be a student in good standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
5. Please submit 3 letters of recommendation - One letter of recommendation should be from a theatre instructor.
6. Please submit a resume.
ACTORS must submit a complete resume of all roles that you have played
DESIGNERS must submit photographs of their work or a DVD of produced designs uploaded to our application site or by URL address
DIRECTORS must submit a complete listing of all shows they have worked on and the position held on each production
must submit a complete listing of all shows worked on outlining
positions held and the equipment with which they are experienced
must submit a one page synopsis, plus a ten page example by February
15th, 2017. After review by Sumid Scholarship committee, finalists will
be asked to submit a full script by March 16th, 2017. Submissions must
be sent via email ONLY.