This award, in the amount of $3,500, is given to a women who will be in graduate study during the next academic year.
1. A candidate must have received a Bachelor’s degree (or will receive it prior to the next academic year)
2. Be (or will be during the next academic year) enrolled in a graduate degree (Master’s or Doctor’s) program at an accredited institution of higher education in Los Angeles County.
3. Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
4. Have financial need.
5. Have performed services for her community.
6. File completed application materials, including official college transcript(s) of all upper division (junior and senior years) and graduate level work, and three letters of recommendation.
Field of Study: Open, but consideration will be given to the candidate’s potential contribution to society.
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (formerly known as the Women’s Opportunity Awards) assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.